Pizza Night Dough Recipe
You might find yourself in a difficult position when your 5-year-old son asks you: “No more pizza-night?”. This of course after fighting a woman in the grocery store for the last pack of frozen pizza bases. Keep in mind, I have just gotten my son to finally enjoy pizzas! After eating yoghurt and chocolate spread sandwiches for 3 years, the pizza night became his highlight!
If you find yourself in the same position as me, know that I have found a simple solution. I have a basic pizza base recipe that is not only super easy to make, but you can have your 5-year-old make it himself. All you need is 4 basic ingredients. May I also mention that this is a healthy pizza-base option that contains no sugar!
Normal white bread dough does contain sugar, so you might even adapt your Friday-night ritual to this recipe post-Corona!
What you need:
- 2 cups of normal flour or (even healthier) stoneground flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil*
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil*
- Salt to taste (I use a ¾ teaspoon of salt in this mix)
- A ¾ cup of warm water (give or take)
Mix the whole lot together with washed hands and tadaa!
Press it down nice and thin on a greased baking tray. I use a non-stick spray for this.
Bake at 200 degrees Celcius for 5 to 7 minutes on its own.
Take it out of the oven, add your tomato-based paste or whatever you prefer along with your toppings and cheese.
Put it back into the oven for approximately another 10 minutes.
Super easy. I doubled this recipe for my family of 4 and we had loads left.
- If you don’t have olive oil, you can replace it with normal cooking oil or even better canola oil.
- If you don’t have coconut oil replace with a double helping of the oil.
- If you don’t have olive or normal oil, but coconut oil – replace with a double helping of coconut oil
- If you don’t have either – give butter spread a try and let us know how it went!
Missing pizza during #Lockdown? Make your own in 20 minutes with this simple recipe! You can read the full recipe in the digital April edition of #HOMEMAKERS available tomorrow!
Posted by Homemakers on Monday, 6 April 2020